[RC] future endurance horse training...and kittens - agilbxr

Merlin, my 8 month old future endurance horse, went for his first walk today out of the pasture, all by himself (ok, with me on the leadrope), down the road.  I was so impressed by his attitude.  Zooming cars, rattly trucks and trailer, the neighbor kids.   He really didn't care too much about these...he was more interested in the yummy green grass on the side of the road.  He did spook a little bit at the dog on the chain that ran barking at us, but once he saw it was a dog, it was no big deal.  I couldn't be more pleased!  He even stuck his head in the neighbors car looking for goodies.  We were about home (about a 1/4 mile total walk) when Stormy...the surrogate mom...started hollering.  Then he got goofy, but hey, he's a baby.

In the meantime, I think I should always have a litter of kittens in the house.  I am fostering three 9 week old kittens until we find them homes.  And they have been more fun tonight.  there is nothing like trying to scoop a litter box with three kittens trying to play in the litter box at the same time.  I have sat and chuckled all evening at their antics.  While I'm thinking about it, anyone need a kitten?  Cute, friendly, will make great barn cats or house cats....

Juli and the Herd
Alpine who is fat and happy and not being ridden cause mom is in the middle of moving
Merlin-8 month old Paso/Arab cross who was a very brave guy on his first walk through the neighborhood
and the Kittens, who don't hold still long enough to say much of anything....