Re: [RC] Feeding selenium/vit. e - Lysane Cree

I have been thinking about it for awhile and I know that my area is selenium deficient, but that is why I said I would be talking to my vet about it. I will talk to him about it before starting her on any selenium supplement. I know there is a small quantity in the feed I have (Inside Track), but since she does not get alot of that feed and none for a few months in the summer, its probably not enough.
My mare has not had a problem with tying up but she is young and we are just starting out. Maybe I'm worrying too much but I thought it was something worth thinking about.
The supplements I have seen locally are a selenium/vit. e mix.
Lysane

Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use the Platinum Performance yeast based selenium which I do add to
Dino's supplements. I love the smell of it!!! I can't see why you
couldn't syringe it. Do you know for a fact that you need to supplement
selenium?
Laney