Re: [RC] [RC] arabs, do you need one for endurance???Jennifer - SturmRanch

Sorry you met up with such a snobby cutting horse lady.

Years ago I bought a really nice thoroughbred (might have been appendix QH - I can't remember) off the track.  We were bringing him along to be a three day event horse and that's where he eventually went, sold to someone in Pebble Beach, California, for the big bucks - not by me, sadly.

Anyhow, while I had him we could "rent" cattle by the hour from someone who delivered them to the county fairgrounds, and I got to try cutting on him.  He stood about 16 h and wasn't much of a cutting horse prospect, but it sure was fun.

We also did some good technical endurance-type trail riding on him.

I always thought that anything he got a chance to try added to his value and no one ever turned up their noses at the ex-race horse working cattle or out on trail.

Nancy Sturm