[RC] Red Barn Run - BeautiControl

Wanted to report on a new ride in the SE region:  Red Barn Run in Chester, GA.  I personally did not ride the trails, however I crewed for 4 riders who did the LD.

The hospitality was incredible.  Cheryl and Steve Perry and their extended family put on a well organized ride.  But, would I would love to brag on is all the ammenities which made the 102 degree temp worth suffering thru!

Camp was opened on Thurs for the Sunday ride.  We had a lake view camp side.  My daughter went swimming and was even picked up by by golf cart to take her to the lake by volunteers!  The food was wonderful.  Fed 2 nights in a row...the dinner on Sunday felt something like the reward challenge on Survivor!  Later that night a band played several sets of country music.

My riders told me that the Chester, GA fire dept braved the heat and manned the road crossings with flashing lights to insure rider safety.  It seems the whole community rallied around to put on this ride.

It was a great way to spend the holiday weekend...I have my fingers crossed that it will be on the 2007 schedule as well!

Gail C.
Patient Wait Farms, SC