RE: [RC] [RC] Posting for Mary Coleman re: Michaux - Suzi Twomey

Mighty Hawk rides again - I DO love that horse! He is Holly's and my mentor and even tho we're not doing much these days but settling into our new home, we still can dream :). We did do a 10 mile ride in some pretty toasty S. Texas heat the other day - our first in quite a while - and she and I were both feeling it - I'm sure this was extreme. Congratulations, Mary and Hawk on your completion and Thank you for keeping Holly and I inspired...
Suzi and Holly who will eventually get back in the game...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'WOW! What a Ride'"

From: RISTREE@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Posting for Mary Coleman re: Michaux
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:19:12 EDT

Mary's having a little trouble posting to Ridecamp with her new 'puter, so
asked me to forward this to the gang --

Michaux Madness more like sadness for many!

This ride held near Gettysburg, Pa has lots of climbs and gorgeous views but
when Mother Nature turns on the heat and humidity the completion rate drops
considerably. 42 attempted Saturdays 50 with 14 pulls some for lameness many
for treatment. Only 2 out of 9 finished the 75 John Crandall won and David Owens
was 2nd. I think there were around 30 in the LD both days and am not sure of
the completion rate on them. There were 18 in Sundays 50 and 10 were still in
when I left at 6. There were 4 teams of ride and tiers each day (my hats off
to them) and they all completed.

Hawk the Mighty Morgan and me finished Saturdays 50 with 40 minutes to spare
and actually only used ice at the end. Therefore I had lots of ice to use the
next day which was needed to cool down the Arabians.

This ride did remind me why I do not want to ride in anti-Morgan conditions
so Hawk shall stay home and I will be at Old D to sell and help.

Kudos to Skip and all his hard working staff for putting on a great ride and
good prep for Old D. Morgan Power!

Mary and stop in to see me at Old D