[RC] the purple loop - starhaven@xxxxxxxxxxx

""So now I'm off to do the Purple loop on my own <sigh!>.  More hills, =
rocks and trees, and after a very long down hill I came out onto a =
gravel road but couldn't find any ribbons.  I tried left for a short =
ways, then went back and tried right for longer...no long luck.  I =
decided to turn around and see if the trail had turned off before I got =
to the road.  Just as I got to the foot of the hill I met a  35 mile =
rider ""

You don't know one of the side jokes in the purple loop story, Becky a junior rider I was sponsering and I were the first 35 milers down that hill and on the gravel road looking for the ribbons that were not there. I'll bet we easily spent 20 mins doing what you did, ride left, right, back up part of the hill to check the ribbons, decided someone had taken the ribbons off the road, searched the road for horse tracks found one lone set on going to the left on the right side of the road in the soft stuff. Pulled out my ride loop information and decided the 100 milers had already done the purple loop and those were YOUR tracks! So we followed them up the road to the Y, searched again to see where the tracks turned to and then finally saw ribbons in the woods again. Actually they were Nancy Mitts  tracks from marking the other trail earlier in the week.

Cute horse you have by the way, Glad you finished and he is fresh and full of himself! Not an easy 100 to do at all, you have more Moxie than I!

Leah McGregor

Starhaven Farm
www.hungarianhorse.com