To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:04 AM
Subject: [RC] Owhyee Detailed Results

Frank,

Absolutely the results broken down by vet gate are very useful. It actually is required to break down the times like this for FEI rides. This is how you have to send in results. It's not as much of a pain in the butt as it seems if you have a good system. So I am sure for John and Steph it was a breeze!

It'd be AWESOME if AERC required results in this manner, but I understand from a ride manager's perspective that it might be a big old nightmare. If you don't have a great system, it could be impossible.

If you're interested in comparing FEI ride times, you can check out the results from the NAEC in October - I think that was the last FEI ride in the US, before Steph and John's ride. The results are on the NAEC website - you can get there from Endurance.net (look under "events"). John and Steph's ride was a bit faster than the NAEC - the NAEC average kph was 13.6, while average speed at Owhyee was 16.3. It's fun to compare rides - gives a little perspective on the terrain, weather, etc.

Congrats to all those who finished!

Alissa (NAEC ride manager)

Great info, John!

Someone studies your results, they can certain extrapolate relevant information.

You certainly set a standard for the AERC to emulate.

Thanks,
 Frank