Re: [RC] Sad news on the OD trail - Mary Ann Spencer

Sorry for this loss but isn't it better to 'go' doing what we love to do....... not lingering in some state of 'nothingness'????

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:31 AM
Subject: [RC] Sad news on the OD trail

Hello All,

I just heard through the SERA grapevine, that Jerry Fruth's horse, Red died on the OD trail yesterday.  He, Tom Sites and Jim Barnett are up there working on the new trail for the ride, his horse was trotting up a hill just fine, got to the top and stopped to breath, then started to trot again, reared up and fell over backwards on Jerry breaking his ribs and then died right there.   They are going to bury him up there today.  They think he had a heart attack.  He was an older horse, 19.
Jerry may have some broken Ribs as well.

Sure hate to hear this.
Jody