[RC] Do Dixie Midnight Pads need to be replaced regularly? - RISTREE

I'm guessing no, but our chiropractic vet was out last night and I showed her the Dixies.  She looked at and felt mine and decided it seemed "compressed and thinner" in the pressure areas, and I had to admit, I could feel it was less "squishy" (yes, I believe that's the technical term for it) in the areas that would be under the saddle, than the areas that fringe outside of my Skito.

She suggested I replace it.  At $100 a pop, this is something I prefer not to do every season or two.

Any thoughts, experiences on this one?

--Patti Stedman (NY)