Re: [RC] Bitless Bridle [tm] - DESERTRYDR1

I tried one on my strong-willed mare who hates a snaffle bit.  She ran away with me, and I had no control whatsoever.

As with anything else, it depends on the horse.  My mare goes well in a short shank mullen-mouth pelham, with the reins on the curb ring.  She will go on the snaffle ring, but after a while, just hates it.  I lay that mainly to my inability to stop her without getting into her mouth pretty hard when I was using a Tom Thumb on her.

But as far as the Bitless, she hated it too.  It CAN put a lot of pressure on the face and poll if your horse is strong.  Tell your friend to try borrowing one before they buy unless they can just afford to buy and sell tack constantly.  jeri