[RC] grouchy mustang faces at vet checks - Jennifer Adam

Hi - sorry to bother you all with another mustang question, but a friend of mine just told me my mare would be nothing but a disappointment at endurance rides because she doesn't like other people handling her legs and feet. Quick background - she's almost 7, an incredible horse that fits me and my personality and ambitions like a glove. I've had her two years - got her from her original adopters after some bad experiences. Took months to teach her to tolerate being handled, months to carry a rider, etc. For a long time I was the only person who could come near her, but we've worked through that to the point that she'll let anyone touch her as long as I'm nearby. She is still really nervous about her feet and legs, though. Even when I'm holding her, she'll pin her ears, swish her tail, and make grouchy faces at anyone other than me who tries to feel her legs or - heaven forbid! - lift a foot. My friend said the vets won't like her attitude. I'm still working with her, but I wondered how upset they would be by her grouchy faces? She never threatens to kick or bite - just looks irritated and upset. Considering how far she's come, I'm so proud of her and of what we've already accomplished. But I see us heading down those long trails and want her to do as well as I know in my heart she can - I hate to think that she might be marked down for her struggles to trust people. She's getting better all the time and she's actually made friends with the farrier, but I'm really concerned about those vet checks. Can anyone with mustangs (or similarly grumpy horses) offer comments? Thanks so much! :)
Jen