Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:23 PM
Subject: [RC] Obstacle design & training - CTR

I have been adding obstacle training to our arena work over the last couple of weeks.  We have been using feed bags, towels, cavalettis, muck bukets, and anything else we can get our hands on around the barn.

Do any of you know any good books, websites, or other sources of information on design & building of various obstacles that might help train/proof a horse for the various things we run into along endurance or CTR courses, or just a Saturday in the park.

As we have progressed, he is meeting new obstacles with very little resistance compared to some of the first ones we introduced.  I think this can only aid in building a trail savvy horse, and would like to continue introducing new obstacles and barriers.

Any advice or info would be appreciated!

Alisanne Steele & Taz