[RC] chicago screws - Jonni

>>>All my hackamores are made with chicago screws- I like them .... if the hardware breaks I can fix it myself!! In two years I have had no problems- has anyone in RC had problems?? <<<

Just check them regularly if you insist on using them. Keep them tight!  The day you are trotting along, and the Chicago screw has slowly backed out, and came undone, and your headstall, or reins fall off, will make you reconsider using them. I sure don't know why someone said they are "self locking" in an earlier post.

I don't use them anymore. Before I trail rode constantly, I did the show ring thing, and we always used them. Yes, I did have them come undone a few times when I was a kid. Thankfully I was not zipping down the trail, needing to have my bridle in one piece to stop the horse!  ;-)

Jonni