Re: [RC] Drooling Horse - Jessica Spoone-Raines

Another thing to look at is clover, my boys do this if they get a lot of clover in their hay or find a big patch in the pasture. I panicked the first time they did it and called the vet and he figured out what it was.
Jess Spoone-Raines
I have a 16 year old saddle bred Arab pinto gelding
who seems to me to be drinking an excessive amount of
water.  His diet consists of beet pulp, senior and
cubes at night and just hay in the morning.  When ever
I look down at the barn water trough he seems to be
drinking.  I have also noticed that he drools at
times, not related to recent drinking.  Just phlegmy,
drools about four inches hanging from his mouth.
Checked for sores in his mouth and there are none.
Any thoughts????  My vet might laugh at me paying him
to tell me I am crazy!!!