[RC] Heat Rash/Blisters - Victoria

I don't know if anybody else has had issues with this, but am seeking advice with a problem I have been having.  I have been riding endurance for about 10 years now and have begun having a problem with my calves getting heat rash.  Last year at Tevis it got so bad that I got multiple blisters up and down my calves.  Painfull and really unsightly!  I have never had this problem before and as the weather warms here I am starting to experiance it again.  I ride in SaddleBums tights, cotton socks and lightweight leggins (Ariat Dumas').  I am thinking of switching to short socks, no leggins and perhaps using Body-Glide and Gold Bond powder as a solution.  Any thoughts out there?
Thanks
Victoria