RE: [RC] Lead-based paint - Rae Callaway

Creosote is illegal. Try Carbolineum – it works great for chewers and leaves a nice looking fence, too.

Rae

Tall C Arabians - Central

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ag47xAu49@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:32 AM
To: tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Lead-based paint

In a message dated 1/14/2006 12:51:25 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

No, but I'd sure love to lay my hands on a gallon or two of creosote.

Knowing what we know now about creosote, I should die with or because of liver cancer. I had burns on my arms from slathering fences at Mather AFB in the early 70's. Air force bases always had good stuff to use to keep the chewers at bay. I did not know of the dangers with creosote until one of the girls that I used to run with told me. She is now the director of the train museum in Sacramento. She and her sister were my "partners in fun". Beccy