[RC] Re:What does "bonding" with a horse mean to you? - Claudia Dawson

Not sure what it means to many, but this is my take.
I often joked that my old arab gelding was never really 'broke'. That in fact, somewhere along the line, we simply decided to get along. There were moments during a ride when he was the boss (no doubt in my mind) and others that I was.Yet we always made it through what we needed to do. Bonding for me, is simply trust. I trust him to keep his head and keep me safe, and he trusts me with the same issues. We don't always agree on the best way to do things instantly. there are many times that I can remember pulling up mid-trail, and asking him verbally, (hehe) how he wanted to deal, and waiting for him to decide. so I'm wierd:) Honestly, I think that type of relationship comes from spending so many hours together, depending on each other. it's a natural outgrowth.