RE: [RC] What does "bonding" with a horse mean to you? - Jim Holland

A horse will never “love” you like a dog.  His mind just doesn’t work that way.  For one thing, the horse is a prey animal, the dog is a predator, but it’s more complicated that that.  Security, Safety, Consistency, and familiar surroundings are the horse’s highest priority.  Since man is also a predator, we have difficulty understanding things from the horse’s perspective.

http://www.threecreeksarabians.com/Training%20Articles.htm

or:

http://www.seraonline.org/Training/Training%20For%20Endurance.htm

Article 1 and 2 should cover it. J