Re: [RC] Kiger/Energizer - Karla Watson

Yes he won 4 out of 5 rides only cause Tom let someone else finish before him on one of those days. And yes, I stand corrected. It was 2004, not last year when Energizer won everything at the rip age of 19. I joked Tom Jones that both are getting too old to ride, eh? I'm sure we have not seen the last of that very tough pair. I did interview Tom last year and if I can find the tape I recall that Energizer's dad was from a Kiger farm and mom from an Arab breeder. None was thrilled when those two fell in love and bred accidentally. (Romeo & Julliet, right?) I recall him saying they both were appauled and neither really wanted the foal. Carol Crawford, who has done a zillion miles, most of which were XP rides will tell you how incredibly tough this little, unassuming horse is. She did the XP --33 days with him. But he was rightly named "Energizer," as he never quits. Love that little "mutt" horse.
---------Karla Watson
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 6:02 PM
Subject: [RC] Kiger/Energizer

Please Reply to: Jeanne Pepper pepperja@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow Karla! I met Energizer at the Oregon Outback in 2004.I knew he was 1/2 arab,1/2 mustang,but didn't know he was 1/2 kiger.He is an incredible horse.Very small & unassuming to look at but at the end of each day( I believe he won 4 out of 5 days & won 1st place for the overall ride & BC)he looked like he hadn't even started yet!And Tom Jones is a kick too! Rode in jeans & work boots,baseball cap.Little guy ,well suited to the horse.A real team.Neither one looks like what your "ideal endurance"team should look like but I bet they could beat the pants off most FEI competitors.Amazing pair !!And the horse was 19 in 2004!