Re: [RC] [RC] 100's - April

I told a friend last summer that I was very glad to be doing endurance as it gave me a goal and a reason to ride. She sounded puzzled and asked "do you really need a reason to ride?" When I was a teen-ager, all I had to do in the world was ride. That was a great time in my life. But now that I'm older, with a career and a husband and responsibilities, conditioning gives me the drive to get out and ride when I maybe should be doing the dishes or vacuuming the floors or cleaning the bathroom. Sure, my house is a little lacking in eating-off-the-floor clean, but endurance gives me the reason and the excuse to ride on a regular basis.

It also gives me a goal. I heard a quotable quote the other day. I'll paraphrase, but it boils down to "People are happiest while pursuing a goal." Not attaining...pursuing.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com