Re: [RC] De-elevators//Brainstorming for Attending 100s - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Re: [RC]   De-elevators//Brainstorming for Attending 100s
On 1/13/06 9:10 AM, "rdcarrie@xxxxxxx" <rdcarrie@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<<3. Shorter rides that include a couple of hours in the dark.>>

         Dawn wrote: >Already got these...75s.
  Dawn,

A 75 isn’t hugely more attractive to me than a 100. That distance, too, seems pretty daunting, tho I figure in general it’s a good way to transition up to a 100. What I had in mind was more like LDs in the dark—part of a clinic program, but also a fun event in itself.

For years, I did the “First Night, First Run” in San Francisco. It was only a token 3 miles + huge party starting at 11:59 Dec 31, but it kept everyone awake, sober, and starting the New Year healthfully.

Beverley