[RC] [RC] elevators/de-elevators. Consider. - Ridecamp Guest - KimFue

Why is the "credit" so important?  I really don't understand.  If your goal is to ride 50 miles and you can only finish 35 on that day why is it so important to get "credit" for the miles you completed when you did not accomplish the goal you set out to accomplish.  I honestly am having a really difficult time understanding this concept.  We don't count all the training miles we put on our horses so it isn't the ACTUAL trail mileage our horses have over the years that is so important to have recognized.

What exactly is the "credit" for if you don't finish the ride?  Maybe that is what I don't understand.  Is this concept supposed to be like those ultra runs where you run around a track for 24 hours and then see how many miles you can rack up?

Again, I ask.   Are we at the point in this sport where there has to be some kind of "insurance" of success if we don't reach our original goal on that particular day?  Does accumulating miles on your horse's record mean so much now that riders are actually willing to count miles completed when there is actually DNF from that competition.  From my viewpoint, if my real goal is to complete a 100 and on that day I complete 50 miles is getting credit for those miles supposed to make me feel better, like I made it half way so I get half credit? I still know we didn't reach the goal we set out to achieve.   Is this really about what some consider "wasted miles" and "wasted money on entries" when they choose/have to pull.

I try to look at this concept from other sports and still can't see the logic.  If I enter the LA marathon and can't finish do I get credit for a 10K on my running resume?  I think it is impossible to take the risk of not achieving the goal and not compromise the integrity of the event or sport itself.  Do you really want to be able to ask someone how many of their horse's AERC miles were from events he completed and how many were from rides he pulled from?

Kim

Please Reply to: Buddy Gleason glea6826@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All rides are 100's or 50's. Go the distance of 25. Get credit. Go the distance
of 50. Get credit. Go the distance of 75. Get credit. Go the distance of 100.
Get credit. Then everyone enters the 100 mile ride or 50 mile ride. They
complete whatever distance they choose. Of course the Vets will award the
completion. Horse being fit to continue, of course. If you pull or the vet
pulls you, then you are awarded the distance completed. Be it 25, 50, 75, 100.
Ride management can then charge one fee to enter for one distance. The 100 or
50. Whatever, distance that ride is listed as. Then, everyone can ride their
horse the distance they feel is OK without loosing miles that can be credited.
This is another way of thinking about ENDURANCE RIDING> Buddy