[RC] 100's - Elevators - Reasons - Tracy Blue

First, let me state that I don't ride to win. I don't even own an Arab, which is
fate not purpose. I have finished first, last, and everywhere inbetween.
Lately, I usually sponsor a junior.

I have attempted 2 one day 100's and finished 1, which was the Big Horn
I have also done several multi day rides including Shore to Shore 3 times.

I loved the Big Horn 100. I didn't even think I completed at first...but did.
I would give my eye teeth to do it again. I love the Shore to Shore, hope to do
it for many more years. Why? Because of the ride managers and volunteers and
their attitudes toward the ride and riders.....and trail.  Same for 50 mile rides. I will
drive to the rides where it is the most enjoyable environment for me and my horse
and also my junior rider.

I remember reading the posts about getting people to do the Wolverine 100.
I felt there was passion and committment and it showed by the people who did ride it.
I plan to try and be there next year!
It's kind of like going to a restaurant. If the food is bad and the service  good, I'll go back and give it another try. If the food is great and the service bad,  however, I will never go back. That's just me.

I know many who have great horses and ride to place in front and that's great for them.
I like to ride and have fun and see the spirit of the dedicated endurance riders, managers and volunteers which just makes it that much more exciting.  I can't say how many times I've taken a junior to a ride where the management and/or some riders are just rude and quite frankly I'm a bit embarrased for them.  But am so impressed by those that take the time to encourage and just be friendly. And, I figure if I need to ride slower, I just get more for my money! ;-)
Tracy Blue

Yahoo! Photos