Re: [RC] re:Shine and Shine - jen

Kathie, thanks for the encouragement and advice.  I am going to go to the Feb. ride as a volunteer.  Hopefully I will be able to condition enough to do the March 25.  There is just too much rain.  As of a month ago we were riding 3-4 times a week as much as 20-25 miles in that week.  Neither my horse nor I have done more than ten miles in a day at this point, so obviously we are trying to build to that.  We have been mainly walking and getting used to the trail and all it's distractions.  I can't wait to pick Maryben's and Becky Hart's brains, just being there is going to be such a learning experience.  It will be my second volunteer job, the first time was as a vet scribe.  I hope we get to meet at the March ride.  BTW, I live in Mckinleyville but, would love to come down and ride some time.  Talk to ya later, Jen M. and Banjo
----- Original Message -----
To: jen
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] re:Shine and Shine

HI Jen, you're very welcome.  I really liked those rides down there and miss them. I too am going for the March ride.  Feb is too soon for me as I have to recondition my horse after a few months off to be on the safe side.  So maybe will get to meet.  I'll most likely be doing the 50 unless I feel she is not ready.  Then I'l do the LD.

Take care and happy conditioning!

by the way, I rode my horse in the arena about 3 days a week and rode on the trails on the weekends and she was more than ready for the LD.  Just be consistant and really hone in on knowing everything about your horse.  Moods, eating habits, how the feel under you etc.  And good warm ups and cool downs.  I'm sure if you keep ask MB, she'll give you even more good advice.  Those folks who hold that ride are all great veterans in the sport and they know what they are doing!  You will learn much helping!

Have fun!!! :Smiley emoticon

kathie