Re: [RC] A sad story for AERC - SandyDSA

geez, you guys, chill! Just being a newbie does not either indict or absolve one from the responsibility of both learning and performing correctly in this environment. It DOES require a level of humility, and in addition, being a veteran requires an even greater level of both top notch performance (and I don't mean winning) as well as a willingness to offer help - and the wisdom to know when someone is simply too selfish to want to take good advice. Make sure it is GOOD advice. Honestly, just don't read it if it bugs you - but I think most of us can learn something on one side or the other of this situation. I for one want to steal this guy's horse so he CAN'T ride it into the ground. I am guessing I would have to stand in line though:).

In the end, it appears that a level of appropriate shame would help a great many societal problems these days. Few people feel shame for their bad manners, rudeness or even cruelty. Shame is a tool a good thing, a learning device - at least it can be.  This statement:
Too bad you, and others, think that shaming other people is an acceptable form of education.

it really IS true - it IS a learning tool! It isn't a huge criticism. I for one am glad a little shame now and then can set me straight. Don't you think it would be a great tool for this dude who likely has no business being on a horse let alone in public and in a competitive venue? I didn't think the original author was slamming anyone on the list. Kind of was preaching to the choir. Anyway, it must be too cold or wet or something and no one is riding and gets grouchy:). Me too - off to find my HRM for the morning.