Re: [RC] how did i get bucked off? advice - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 <when someone tells you, oh, that horse has never bucked before, doesnt mean he doesnt know how, just means he has it saved up for a special occasion.>

Boy, Ed,
You have no idea how true that is.   Rose was such a good girl for the first 6 years of her life.  NEVER bucked or even acted like she wanted to.  Then one day, outa the blue, had her in front of the barn and mounted her to go condition....I just got sat down, didn't even have the other foot in the stirrup and BAM !  Rodeo big time.  It was about 4 giant bucks, (I would have stayed on if I had both stirrups) but off I went.  Backwards, onto my head.  Joel said I went about 10 feet in the air when coming off.  Anyway, I have never trusted that spotted witch since.  And she was tensed up for about 8 months after that, every time I mounted.  Been having lots of lower back problems, turns out after a trip to the doctor (and more to come) that I have bone spur, and two fractures in the back (that have healed) and causing two vertebra to nearly fuse together.  I think I have fallen on my head one too many times. :))

Jody and the mean girl (who will and CAN really buck)

Yahoo! Photos