Re: [RC] AHA CTR Needs Your Help Today! - Stacy Sadar

This is what bothers me about this whole AHA Sweepstakes and distance competitions...
  • I've been a member of AHA for a long time
  • Bought my first Sweepstakes horse a little over a year ago.
  • Starting this new horse this year in Endurance...but LD's only for the first year
  • When I called AHA about Sweepstakes, Endurance, CTR's, LD's etc, I specifically told AHA that I was only going to do LD's with this Sweepstakes horse.  They insisted that I needed to pay the "competition fee" along with the membership fee plus the extra $100 for the Sweepstakes if I wanted to participate in the Sweepstakes payout.
  • Thank goodness I did not pay the extra $100 because now I find out that LD's are NOT part of Sweepstakes....so I still don't understand why I had to pay a competition fee too.  Did I waste my money by paying the additional competition fee anyway and what would have happened if I paid the $100 Sweepstakes fee too?
So much for owning a Sweepstakes horse!   Hey, maybe I should call my ex-Mother-in-Law who's a big wig at AHA and complain to her!  I think she still likes me.  ;)

Stacy

mkrumlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Actually endurance is pretty safe. I've been involved with some of the
issues between AERC and AHA and those have been smoothed out nicely...at
least in the rules/governing body aspect. There are some sweeps issues
that need some work but the rest is OK.

The CTR is a different animal. There are 6 governing, not sanctioning,
but GOVERNING bodies of CTR in the US and four in Canada. AHA wants
there only to be one because it's easier to deal with one group rather
than 10.

When I refer to AHA I'm not talking about the directors, I'm talking
about a few members of the STAFF that are in positions to make all of
this a problem. I too used to blame it on the Directors. Since standing
up for the distance disciplines within AHA seems to have become my second
career, I've found the real road blocks, thus the reason for my earlier
post. The BOD is in a position today to fix some issues with CTR riding
but some members of the staff are trying to table the motion. If a large
number contact the office and/or send faxes I'm hoping it draws enough
attention that the BOD at least reviews this motion and votes it into
effect.

My general soap box lecture to AHA is that there are close to 10,000 to
11,000 of us involved in endurance and CTR. I've been gathering the stats
and history of our groups in the US and Canada. If all of those who
owned Arabs were members we'd make up over 20% of the AHA membership.
It's time for AHA to step up to the plate or stay out of it.

On the good side of AHA distance sports, a committee has finally been put
together to address all distance riding programs and events offered.
This is the first time in AHA's history a group like this has been
formalized AND seated with long time, members of AERC and the various CTR
groups. Of course I believe the committee formally has to be voted into
existance this weekend as well....

MKS

This message was sent using MailMan
provided by Good News Internet Services