Re: [RC] Christy & John Adame (Central Region) & Tornado Destruction - RDCARRIE

I remembered I had John's cell phone number on my cell from where he called me while photgraphing our ride a couple of weeks ago.  I called and spoke with Christy a bit ago.  She, John, and the boys are ok.  They lost their gelding, but their two mares are ok - have lacerations and punctures, but vet says they should make it.

They were asleep when the tornado came...John heard it and woke Christy up...they grabbed the boys and got in the closet.  She said it was shaking their house.  The two white houses being shown on the news that are now piles of rubble are right next to theirs.  What saved their house, she feels, is that it's brick.  The roof was damaged and some windows broken.  All fencing is gone, and of course the horses -  2 mares injured, gelding had to be euthanized.  She is still pretty shaken up, and exhausted.  The largest piece of her horse trailer she's found so far is a 5 foot piece of metal.  They still have their truck.  I think she said John's van is gone, I can't remember.

Keep them in your prayers...
Dawn Carrie
Huntsville, TX