[RC] Medical problems and riding - Equus Wolf

Hey everyone,
I've gotten rather behind in the last month (over 90 digests! Wow!), but I've been going to a lot of doctors and whatnot.  At least I've been able to continue riding.
I don't mean to bother everyone on the list, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with pseudotumor cerebri (in people), and it's effects on riding and everyday life over a period of time.  I thought perhaps with so many on this list, someone who rides and is around horses as much as or more than myself may have some experience with this (though I wouldn't wish it on anyone)
Also, what about the diuretic Diamox?  I'm up to 2000mg daily, and I've noticed that several hours of riding, especially in the sun or hotter than low-mid 70s wears me out completely, not to mention, affects my vision drastically.
What about anyone that rides having had shunts put in due to CSF pressure?? Has it affected riding or placement of helmet? (I won't ride without my helmet, I'm more likely to forget my seat belt in a car)
I would appreciate any info on how this may have affected those that ride.  I will go nuts without being able to, so I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad.
Good friend and I took our horses out trailing this past Sunday - weather held out until we were totally tacked up, but we rode out anyway.  Trail was about 10miles (she knows exact mileage, I can't remember exact)  Rain came down pretty steady but not a downpour.  We looked like wet rats by the time we got back, but we had a blast! :)  My horse was sooo happy to be back out on the trail after going to her first schooling hunter show last weekend.   I just don't want to end up losing all of the conditioning, as well as my daily stress relief, which would happen if for some reason I end up unable to ride for any length of time.
Happy trails everyone!
Jennifer in SC