Re: [RC] Helping Lame Horses--Long - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 5/8/2006 8:26:02 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'd be interested in hearing about the experiences your Ridecampers
have had in dealing, successfully and unsuccessfully, with lameness.
Anyone?   Dr Q
You asked for it Bruce, here I go. I LOVE HA!!!!!! as in Hyoluronic Acid. Tis the best stuff going. Was giving the 4-H pony HA orally, then switched to a IM brand that is not Legend, Map 5 is the name, I think. $50 a shot vs. $82 for "Legend"(I think Legend is a legend in it's own mind only for it to be that much more than the generic brand). First shot lasted 3 months, so did the second, we are now on the third and all is going well. Time to have him shod for the ride season but he is sound. WE are using the IM HA because of "what the vet called" arthritis. I am going to start taking the oral HA that I have left. Beccy