Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:05 PM
Subject: [RC] Reaction to West Nile vaccine

A couple of years ago, my trainer's mare suffered a major allergic reaction to the West Nile vaccine.  It was ugly for a while, and she thought the mare was going to die.  Fortunately, after Dex and oral steriords and bute, she was okay.  Since then, the mare has not been vaccinated for West Nile.  I read somewhere that the reaction is most likely from the stuff the vaccine is in.  At the time of this mare's reaction, there was only one vaccine on the market.  Now there are two.  Find out which vaccine was used, and try the other one next time.