Re: [RC] logbooks etc - Splitters Creek ASHS

Hi Heidi,

You asked:
>My question was WHERE do people usually carry them?  In my experience, anything I carry on the horse has a tendency to get beat up over time.

Riders don't carry them. The typical procedure is.
Pay your entry fee, initial details written in your book by ride office staff. Book returned to you.
Present your book and horse to vet for pre-ride inspection. Details recorded in book (same as card) Book retained by ride office staff
You do not take the book on course.
When you present your horse for vet checks during the ride, they have a desk where all the books 'live'.  Probably an identical system to the card system. (or do you take your cards with you?) At the end of the ride, the book is returned with your buckle/trophy or whatever, or if you vet out, you just collect it from the secretary and go home.

On rare occasions where there are traveling check points (say 5% rides? or some FEI's?, can't remember), some ride organisers have designed a little zip-up pocket in the front of the bib or number that you wear during competition.

Regards
Catherine.