[RC] gas prices , change your habits - Susan Favro

All those in favor of better fuel economy, RAISE YOUR RIGHT FOOT!

I drive lots of miles (6,000+ during April) and have been amazed at the difference speed makes to fuel economy. The higher the fuel costs, the slower I go. I’ve now found that 55 to 60 is a comfortable pace because I can eek out another 5+ mpg when hauling (versus going 70-75). I also had a performance chip put in my Chevy diesel. I’m seeing a 3-7 mpg improvement in fuel economy. (I added a pyrometer gage so I can monitor the truck’s exhaust temp.)

For all the groaning about higher fuel costs, I’m amazed at all the people racing by me down the freeway.

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for the conscientious horse owner”
Voice – 406.864.8000
Fax – 559.272.6093
Mobile – 406.370.6399
E-mail – Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx