From: Kristen A Fisher [mailto:kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 10:00 PM
To: jimbaldwindvm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Disposition of Rider Cards

Hello again Dr. Baldwin!

I also wanted to weigh in on the disposition of rider cards. I have no problem at all with the AERC keeping a copy and compiling the information a rider card, and think that long term it will contribute to better horse welfare.

However, I have 2 reasons for wanting my card back:
1) I keep detailed files of all my rides, so I can track if our speed is improving, what problems we may have had, what successes we may have had, etc. As I hope to have many happy years competing on my horse, this is part of how I am painting that picture as it provides valuable horse management data
2) I prefer to keep the original card, as it often time may have a map on the other side I can refer to for rides in the same location, as well as it illustrates the ride in a way no copy can - with smudges, worn edges, and the like - in a way it is a badge of honor more so than any completion award is.

My preference would be that the AERC make and keep the copy [would be easier to file than a ton of mangled cards anyway] and mail me my original as the original card means a lot to me - even if doesn't indicate a completion.

Again, I hope this input is of interest.

Kristen Fisher
AERC # M32770