[RC] Rapid Pulse Recovery WHY ? - Ted Goppert

Why is there any discussion of this at all?   I looked up the data for the 2005 Arabian Nights Ride.  Of all of the riders at all of the vet checks there was only one Recovery Time over 15 minutes.  That was at 16 minutes and that horse had a faster recovery at the next Check.

Several of the rides in the West Region that I rode in the past several years provided recovery data.  For Example on both the 2003 Swanton Pacific Hundred and the 2006 Square Nail 50 , NONE of the finishing horses had recoveries over 15 minutes.

In fact most of the Top Ten Horses had pulse recoveries
between 1 and 5 minutes.  WHY should we waste the ride managers time with more rules.  Any horse that takes 20
minutes to recover is not going to catch one that recovers
in 1 or 2 minutes.

Pulse criteria at Swanton and Square Nail Was 60 into a gate at all checks.

Do you know what your own horses recovery times are?
It would be interesting to share some of this information.

Ted Goppert