Re: [RC] Drafting - Jody Rogers-Buttram

That is a good method...and I have used it more than once.  There are many advantages to "drafting".  One, the drafter has the chance to "size up" the other horse.  They can see how he is moving, if he is tired, etc.  Plus, the drafter has (in some cases) the ability to push the other rider.  Now, this is mostly for those running for a placing.   I don't particulary care if I am being drafted or not....I see it as an opportunity to show off the fact that I have plenty of horse left.  So, being drafted is not always a bad thing.

PS.  And Truman, Rose is wonderful for snaking at high speeds thru tight woods.  Give me knee knockers, and I can flat make some time.  ::)))

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is where tight woods trails and some dressage training on your
horse are very handy. You just go much faster through these trails and
listen to the cries of agony as the drafter - who probably didn't have
much dressage training so his horse doesn't know a leg que from a carrot
- crashes his knees as his horse rushes around the corners to keep up.

However, doubt if it would do much for you in the open desert environment.

Truman

--

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what
we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." -