Re: [RC] to Ride Alone in competition - EquesB

In a message dated 4/27/2006 10:30 A Eastern Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
so my choices are, run like heck and try to get away, stop and hope they go away,
This is a touchy situation, I am not particularly fond of having to use my horses energy to get away from people, but at the same time I sure don't own the trail, so I can't really tell someone to get away.  So there must be "courtesy zone" that a rider can expect to be their own, sounds like earshot would be a good distance in Bruce's case, but those who do not care for someone drafting, do you think you should control the trail within eyesight? Those who do not like drafting, what do you do when you come up behind someone else, pass? What if they are only traveling a smooch faster than yourself and it takes a while to overcome them?

Jackie Baker