Re: [RC] Google Indexes All of Ridecamp - Chrystal Woodhouse

Well- I am not an expert on the internet however years ago I typed my name in google and it came up with a whole bunch of "chats' I had been a part of on bulletin boards,chat sites etc.. although a bit unnerving I wasn't surprised - One thing I don't like about the internet in general is that it tends to give people an "anonymous' persona and they sometimes say/write things just because they can't really be held accountable and are not actually saying it to someone in person, perhaps knowing that it can be viewed by anyone might help??Probably not as those people will use alias's anyway. :-(
Anyway- I am very much against the "big brother" fear/threat, however the internet is NOT private in any way, never email or use it if what you are saying needs to be confidential, like ......never ...ever. Everything you send electronically can be tracked and deciphered. My husband runs a small internet hosting business, the FBI from Colorado ( we are in Ontario, Canada) called him a few weeks ago tracking a purchase made with a bad credit card, he helped them find the computer it originated from-- somewhere far away in the States--(something like that I kind of hear blah, blah , blah when he starts computer geek talk .;-) :-))
We have the Charter of Rights and Freedom you have the Declaration of Independence, protect that and you won't; have to worry too much about " big brother." :-) :-)
( Speaking of which I just reread 1984 last winter, what a great book .:-))

Chrystal

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

04/23/2006 07:21 PM

<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[RC]   Google Indexes All of Ridecamp

Please Reply to: Linda B. Merims dkfritz@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't look now folks, but it looks like pretty close
to everything ever posted on Ridecamp has been
indexed by Google and is now available on their
cache.

It used to be just a couple of random posts from 1999 or 1998,
like some directory was once accidentally left unprotected.

Now it looks like it is *everything*.

Steph, John?  Was this intentional?

Sigh...how did something as wonderful as the Internet
turn into such a Big Brother Is Watching...And *Never*
Forgets nightmare?

Linda B. Merims
dkfritz@xxxxxxx
Norris, TN