[RC] bear pepper spray - Dawn Simas

<<Just curious, do you know if it was the "bear" pepper spray or the regular pepper spray that didn't work on the bears?>>

I'm glad you pointed this out Kathy.  In the animal business, we all use Counter Assault (www.counterassault.com) and don't take chances with other brands.  I know two bear trainers (most of the movie and commercial work are their bears), and they swear by it.  Same for big cats.  And rangers in the high country where there are Grizzlys have used it.  It works.

Not only will chemical sprays (what are intended for people generally) often not work on animals, not even dogs by mail carriers.  But you want true "pepper" spray for animals, something to do with their tear ducts are different than humans.  And bears have to be the strongest concentration.

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue