Re: [RC] Disturbing news which may affect our horses - Diane Trefethen

I have on my desktop a nice little shortcut to http://www.snopes.com

WHENEVER I receive ANY email that THREATENS me or suggests that GREAT HARM will come to me if I do not do such and such, I hit that shortcut.

I CANNOT ENDORSE THIS METHOD OF DEALING WITH ALARMIST EMAILS STRONGLY ENOUGH!!!

Go to Snopes and enter "codex" to discover the answer to whether or not Codex is a threat... at all.

Also be advised that Internet petitions are not worth the bandwidth you use to sign them. As YOU know, spam is sent out worldwide to MILLIONS of email addresses every day. A huge number of these email addresses are fakes. Don't you realize that using the same technology spammers do, one could easily forge millions of fake "email addresses" to an Internet petition? Don't you realize that anybody in a position to do anything about a REAL problem knows this? Would YOU go before Congress demanding action on anything using an Internet petition as your rationale, knowing that it could be 100% phony?

Internet petitions are "feel good" ploys. You sign one about a cause in which you believe and then you "feel good" because you have DONE something... taken a stand. Of course, you haven't REALLY done anything of any use. You have just pandered to your own ego and without spending a dime or doing anything for the cause YOU believe in, you have gotten off the hook to get up off your arse and make a real difference.

So use Snopes to sift out the hoaxes and liars, don't bother with useless Internet petitions, and when you find a cause that is real and concerns YOU, get off your computer, out of the house and REALLY DO SOMETHING to help.

I'm not one to start a rash of fear. But, today, I ran across this and was most surprised at its content.
I'd love it if Ridecampers in their best style responded or ripped this apart which ever seems appropriate.
Codex laws and regulations for vitamins, herbs and organic foods