Re: [RC] dogs that attack - Maryanne Gabbani

The area I ride in has semi-feral farm dogs and feral desert dogs that hang out singly and/or in packs. I've also taught all my horses to herd dogs from very early (like as foals) so that there is no question as to who is bigger and braver. In thirteen years of riding with all these wild dogs who WILL rush out onto the trail barking and sometimes follow the horses barking, I have never had a horse bitten nor have I had one spook at these dogs. I do vaccinate all my animals (horses, dogs, cats, donkeys, water buffalo) against rabies. My horses live with a pack of Rat Terriers, a Great Dane, a Dalmation, a baladi dog, and two visiting mastiffs. They are kind, calm, and gentle with my dogs and visiting dogs. Horses don't have to be tough to be brave.

Maryanne
Cairo