[RC] Dog attacks while riding - Carolyn Burgess

I had a mare who was not afraid of dogs at all.  When one would come after us, I would turn her and we'd chase down the dog.  She loved it, especially when the dog would realize that we were after them and they'd turn and run.  She really disliked dogs.  One time when we were trying to do PR and talking to the caretaker of a forest, his dog, unbeknown to me, sneaked up behind her to sniff her heels.  Well, she knew he was there and before I knew what happened, she gave him the boot.  I thought she broke his leg.  Turns out he was fine, but you can always tell the owner of the dog that if they don't come get the dog ASAP, that you cannot be responsible if you horse kicks the dog.

Carolyn Burgess