[RC] clicking - GONE!! - Kari Hanes

After reading everyone's advice and having the vet out last week, we decided on a plan of action. Put her on glucosamine/chrontroiten supplement, give her another week off (for a total of 2 weeks) and skip the Allegan ride April 8. Today was our first day back out on the trail. I decided to take the loop closest to home so we could come back easily if needed. In the first quarter mile I was floored. We started out at a walk: click - click - click, then went to a trot for several strides - couldn't hear the click (very windy day), back down to a walk: click - click - click, mare was hell-bent on covering some ground so I let her canter about a dozen or so strides and brought her back down to a walk - no click - notta - nothing! Went about 7 miles after that, not once did I hear it again! Despite the wind it was a great ride. Put a call into the vet to get some educated advice but I haven't heard back from her yet. Any ideas from ridecamp?

The vet said last week that something (cartilage?) may have twisted a little under the joint in the hock area - all I can figure is letting her stretch out and canter moved something back to where it was supposed to be. The last couple weeks she has been in the small paddock behind the barn where she can't get into trouble or get a full head of steam going like she can in the big pasture. She's never shown any signs of lameness, heat, swelling or discomfort in that leg.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Kari
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI