[RC] roached manes - starhaven@xxxxxxxxxxx

My Boo horse has a pretty thick mane for an Appy and she will sweat under it if I dont' braid it.

But speaking of roached manes this is my funniest roach mane story

Several...o.k many years ago I had a horse we were getting ready to take to a dressage show, who had manage to rub his mane out between hay feeders and driving harness to only have bits at the top of his mane and base...ummm. He was a cute little Arab with a great neck, so we roached him......cute as a bugs ear. Natuarally we showed up at the show with the only roached mane....this is in the mid west. My sister from So. Cal had come to help me with the show. We quickly when people came up and said.........OHHH a Roached Mane!  Replied, Oh, Yes it is the latest thing in So Cal everyone is doing it.  No joke next week I went to that barn there were 2 other horses with roached manes. You may start a fad and not even know it!

Leah

Starhaven Farm
www.hungarianhorse.com
620-432-1322