[RC] braiding manes - tracey smith

I keep Amira's mane braided for rides and during the hottest parts of the summer here in Texas I will sometimes even leave it braided during the week...but not for too long as it can make the mane brittle and nothing's uglier than a spot where the mane "broke off" with a full braid.

Never have been able to figure out the french braid and I actually loathe the process of braiding...but she sweats so badly under it I just feel it's more comfy.  And, I am blessed with a 13 yr old stepdaughter who never needs and excuse to braid anything that will stand still long enought and let her!

Tracey