Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Girthing vs Cinching

In a I always used to tighten my girth or cinch as tight as I could to keep the saddle from slipping I thought.  I fought girth sores constantly.  I used $20 cinches and $100 cinches and nothing worked.  Then a junior started riding her last year and did cinch as tight, and she never has gotten another sore.  A one rat study....mb

I'm not sure that being able to get a chincha or a girth tighter is an
advantage.