Re: [RC] [RC] Cat Licking - Soli Sorokin

I have a cat that has consistantly keeps her full belly and one side
of her hind legs licked clean, except for the downy peach fuzz. She
started it after she was spayed (five years ago), and it does not seem
to affect her at all. She can get really noisy when she is licking
away, she is so vigorous and slurpy about it. She loves her belly
petted, as well...so my guess is that apparently it feels good, so she
does it...a lot.

No lesions/abrasions or other irritations to suspect anything else.
She looks rather funny when she stretches out on her back, because she
is otherwise a longhair cat with a bare belly and partial legs.

I also have one that gets serious reactions to fleas, her neck gets
all crusty and she'll scratch like crazy if you are too late with the
Frontline. Only a few flea bites will get her like this. Seems totally
different than the licking cat.

~S