Re: [RC] question on choosing a halter/bridle combo - Lori Bertolucci

Marta, I find the bridles with the bit attachments to be somewhat awkward, especially when your horse is wanting to go and you are attempting to put on the bit.
Both Paddi, of Canadian Trail House, and Tammy, of Trail-Rite, have some great headstalls that attach by way of snaps or hooks, around a halter. They make it so much easier to drop the bit at vet checks and rest stops.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Lori B.

Marta Kozlowska <martank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i recently started riding my mare in a bit again (for the last 3 years we've been using a bitless bridle). i really like the feel and i would like to use the bit on the rides. i started searching through halter/bridle combos but i can't quite decide which style to choose. there are so many. some w/ bit clipons, others  that are literally 2 separate pieces (aren't the chances of getting rubs a lot higher w/ all those straps?). and then there are gizzilion types of clips.
so what do i look for and why? i would like for this headpiece to keep the bit in the proper position while providing me w/ an easy way to take the bit out of her mouth during vet checks/rest stops.
thanks for your input!
marta

--
god created women so his horses would survive