[RC] Sorry - mostly OT, but it does affect my ride season - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Marlene Moss Marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can any of you lawyerly types out there address a question for me regarding
what a company can do with vacation time?

When I interviewed for this job, I told them I would be willing to take a hit
on salary if I could have 3 weeks of vacation.  This would allow me to do most
of the rides I want.

So, with nothing in writing, I accepted the job when they told me I'd get 3
weeks of vacation.  Now, over 4 months later, the company has changed their
vacation policy.  Apparently all new hires (salaried) got 3 weeks of vacation
before, but they're switching it to 2 weeks - effective for all employed less
than 2 years.  They're doing some other stuff like not letting you take even
accrued vacation until 6 months, but I can live with that since I'm not ready
for any rides yet.

So, it doesn't seem fair that they can change the vacation accrual that I
started with in a negative way after I have started the job.  Is that legal?
(it's Colorado, if that matters)  And of course the thing that really sucks is
that they led me to believe that I was getting something in exchange for a
lower salary - but of course I don't know how much they might have lowered my
salary since it's not appropriate to discuss stuff like that with co-workers
and of course I have nothing in writing.

So basically, I don't have a leg to stand on I'm guessing, but I'd sure like to
know if there is something I could argue.

To make this at least an attempt at being endurance related - this means I
won't be able to do any of the week long rides I wanted - either go back to
Grand Canyon, or try Bryce.  Another thing I found out after accepting
employment (they knew very clearly what my vacation requirements were, I even
gave them a sample schedule) I found out that they only allow one person in the
group to be gone at a time - and I wasn't allowed to put in for vacation until
I'd accrued some, so most of the good holidays and summer Monday and Fridays
are already taken.

Sorry for the rant, but I figured on the off chance someone has some advice,
I'd post this.  I really will enjoy quitting this job!

Thanks,
Marlene