[RC] Fescue Experts Help - Tammy Shuck

Hi, I have been searching the Archives on feeding fescue and I still have some questions. I live in So.Central Oregon where it gets cold and the ground freezes most winters, summers are warm and dry. We are planting a new pasture for our cattle this spring. Most people here plant straight tall fawn fescue for cow pastures, with white clover, blue grass and quack grass filling into the pasture naturally in a few years. We are buying our seed directly from the grower up in the Willamette Valley and it is certified "endophyte free". We will be getting 1 or 2 cuttings off of this pasture each year and I am wondering if it is safe to feed to pregnant mares. I have talked to the local extension agent and he said it is safe, he said even the older pastures around here that could be infested are safe in our climate because of the ground freezing in the winter. He seems to think it is more of a problem in warmer more humid climates. Is this true? This would be the only hay I would be feeding the mares. Also is good quality fescue (put up correctly) an adequate feed for my endurance gelding? Thanks